Missouri State University invites alumni and friends to come home to campus to celebrate Homecoming Oct. 15-16.
After over a year of virtual events due to COVID-19, in-person events are back, making #BearsHomecoming2021 the place to be.
“We are so excited about Homecoming this year,” said Debbie Branson, associate director of alumni relations at Missouri State. “We hope everyone comes to campus for the biggest MarooNation party of the year!”
List of events
50-year anniversary (classes of 1970-71), 10:30a.m., Juanita K. Hammons Hall for the Performing Arts
- Join classmates for lunch, a class photograph, a presentation of anniversary certificates and a time to share memories. After the gathering, hop aboard a shuttle for a campus tour to see what’s new around campus. Register with the Alumni Association.
Wall of Fame Induction Ceremony, 4 p.m., Plaster Student Union Ballroom
- The 2020 and 2021 class will be officially added to the Wall of Fame.
Band of Bears Homecoming Parade, 9 a.m., John Q. Hammons Parkway
- Kick off Saturday’s Homecoming celebration by watching bands, floats and parade entries travel through campus.
Bears Basketball scrimmage, 10 a.m., JQH Arena
- Check out the 2021 Bears and Lady Bears Basketball teams.
Breakfast with Boomer, 10 a.m., Foster Recreation Center.
- Bring your kids to our contactless breakfast with Boomer experience. Enjoy good food and get your picture with Boomer. Event costs $5 for children and $7 for adults (advance registration). Seats are limited, so register today.
Golden Bears Reunion Luncheon, 10:30 a.m., Plaster Student Union Ballroom
- An exclusive lunch for Golden Bears: all alumni who graduated from or last attended Missouri State 50 or more years ago. Register with the Alumni Association.
Tailgate at Bearfest Village, 11 a.m., BearFest Village (north of Plaster Stadium)
- Before the football game, enjoy food, music and fun. Campus organizations and departments will host tents for you to visit. Alumni who stop by to update their contact information at the Alumni Association tent will receive free hot dogs.
Bears Football vs Indiana State, 2 p.m., Plaster Stadium
- Support the Bears football team and see the Homecoming crowning at halftime. Tickets range from $16-$31.
A virtual opportunity
For those unable to make it to campus, join The Bear Games: a MarooNation Virtual Scavenger Hunt Oct. 10-17.
Students and alumni are invited to take part in this online contest by completing scavenger hunt missions with a text, a photo or video via a mobile app. You can play from anywhere. Register today.