Five undergraduate students at Missouri State University recently received recognition for their commitment to the university’s public affairs mission. Each student was awarded a Pepsi-Cola Public Affairs Scholarship in the amount of $1,000. The students were selected based on their involvement in public affairs activities and voluntary service both on and off campus.
“It is astonishing to witness the amount, depth and variety of ways that our students give back to society,” said Dr. Pauline Nugent, professor of modern and classical languages at Missouri State and chair of the scholarship selection committee. “This year’s applicants for the Pepsi-Cola Scholarships far exceeded the normal expectations for public service. They proved once again that the MSU public affairs mission is alive and well, extending across countries, languages and continents.”
The following students will receive the Pepsi-Cola Public Affairs Scholarship:
- Summer Holmes is a junior from De Soto pursuing a bachelor of science degree in interpersonal communication and a minor in general business.
- Kelsey Lester is a senior from Lebanon pursuing a bachelor of science degree in religious studies and a minor in general business.
- Taylor Proske is a senior from Florissant pursuing a bachelor of science degree in communication sciences and disorders.
- Blake Shepheard is a senior from Raytown pursuing a bachelor of science degree in public relations and a minor in criminology.
- Bryson Starkey is a senior from Fredericktown pursuing a bachelor of science degree in communication studies and a minor in biomedical science.