Each year, the Missouri State University Alumni Association honors a group of distinguished alumni, former faculty and staff, and volunteers.
The event is open to the public. Tickets are $40 per person. Attendees can RSVP by calling 417-836-5654 or emailing Alumni@MissouriState.edu. The RSVP deadline is April 15.
The 2022 Bears of Distinction
- Lifetime Achievement: Thomas G. Strong, ’52
- Outstanding Alumnus: Brad Thomas, ’84, ’87
- Outstanding Alumna: M. Ann Page, ’90
- Outstanding Young Alumna: Rachel Mack Robinson, ’12
- Excellence in Public Affairs: Patrick J. Hall, ’74
- Award of Appreciation: Charlotte C. Hardin, faculty emeritus
- Volunteer Group of the Year: Construction Management Advisory Board
- Bear of Excellence Award: Sam M. Coryell, ’00
- Bear of Excellence Award: Janice R. Dye, ’68, ’94
- Bear of Excellence Award: Gary D. Irwin, ’74
- Bear of Excellence Award: Erin E. Parrish, ’05, ’06
- Bear of Excellence Award: April M. Porter, ’00
Nominate a recipient for 2023
The Alumni Association invites members of the campus community to nominate worthy MSU graduates or retired faculty and staff members to be a Bear of Distinction. Submit nominations online by Oct. 1, 2022, at Alumni.MissouriState.edu/Awards.