After a one-year hiatus due to COVID-19, Missouri State University’s Tent Theatre is back this summer to delight audiences.
The lineup features three shows – two live and one virtual. Tickets are now on sale.
- Beehive: The 60s Musical, June 16-19 (live and online) – This jukebox musical tells the loose-knit story of six young women coming of age to the vibrant soundtrack of the 60s.
- The 39 Steps, June 23-26 (live and online) – Suspense thriller meets riotous comedy in this fast-paced parody of Alfred Hitchcock’s iconic 1935 film and John Buchan’s 1915 novel on which it was based.
- The Secret Garden, June 29-July 3 (online only) – An enchanting musical adaptation of the classic Victorian children’s book, “The Secret Garden.”
The common theme of all three shows is Staying Power – the relevance, resilience and reinvention of classic music and stories, and of theatre itself.
“For this season, we picked shows we hope will lift up everyone’s spirits and put a smile on their faces,” said Mark Templeton, managing director of theatre and dance at Missouri State.
Due to the construction of Tent Theatre’s new permanent structure, the John Goodman Amphitheatre, this season’s live performances will take place in Craig Hall Coger Theatre. Guests can enjoy hard hat tours of the structure in-progress 45 minutes prior to each live performance.
The new outdoor performing arts venue will debut in summer 2022.
Performance and ticket information
All shows start at 8 p.m. Masks and social distancing guidelines will be in effect for the live performances.
- Single tickets: $19 (standard) or $32 (premium).
- Season tickets: $37 (standard) or $63 (premium).
- Streaming access tickets: $34 (per show) or $90 (pass for all shows).
Group rates and picnic dinners are not available this year.
To buy tickets, call the Missouri State box office at 417-836-7678 or toll-free at 888-476-7849. Fans can also order tickets at MissouriStateTix.com.
Guests may access free parking at the east side of lot 24, located at the southwest corner of Grand Street and National Avenue. Short-term parking for passenger pick-up and drop-off is available on Grand Street on the south side of Craig Hall.