SPRINGFIELD – If you left Missouri State University before completing your degree, you may be eligible for the new Return to Finish (RTF) scholarship.
MSU created the scholarship to encourage students to finish a degree program.
“Life circumstances often creep up on students and interfere with the completion of a degree program,” said Provost Frank Einhellig. “But the goal to finish lives on and is attainable. Finishing one’s degree program is a foundation to opening new doors of opportunity, so we want to give students a boost toward their goals.”
What the RTF scholarship provides
Former students may be eligible for the scholarship when they apply for fall 2020 or spring 2021 semesters.
The scholarship offers:
- $200 for students enrolling in 3-5 credit hours.
- Or $500 for students enrolling in 6 or more credit hours.
The maximum award for the year is $500.
To qualify, students must meet these criteria:
- Completed 90+ undergraduate credit hours.
- Have a 2.0 or higher cumulative GPA.
- Owe less than $1,000 to Missouri State.
- Have been out of school for more than one year (last enrolled in spring 2019 or earlier).
MSU also offers a parallel RTF scholarship for graduate students who have stopped short of graduation.