A dream that began five years ago has come to fruition. Missouri State University will officially unveil the newly renovated Glass Hall – home of the College of Business – to the community during Homecoming week.
The David D. Glass Hall Grand Re-Opening and Robert Gourley Student Success Center Dedication is set for 10 a.m. Oct. 26 at the O’Reilly Auto Parts Grand Atrium. The event is free and open to the public. Self-guided tours of the building start at 10:30 a.m.
Dr. Stephanie Bryant, dean of MSU’s College of Business, said this marks a great day in the life of the university and college.
“The renovation of Glass Hall and addition of the Robert Gourley Student Success Center means our students and faculty will enjoy first-rate facilities with cutting-edge technology that will promote active and engaged student learning.
“Through a combination of classroom learning and the many collaboration spaces and laboratories in Glass Hall, students will be prepared not only to succeed, but also to excel in their professional careers.”
Grateful to donors
A mix of private, university and matching state funds paid for the $33.8 million project.
Gifts and pledges totaled more than $6 million for the building, as well as a significant gift from David D. Glass. Another significant gift from the Robert Gourley family made the 37,000-square-foot addition possible.
“We’re so thankful for all our alumni and friends who invested in this project,” said Brent Dunn, vice president for university advancement. “Their gifts ensure our students learn in an outstanding environment.”
Top notch facilities
Features in the renovated spaces of the original Glass Hall and new Student Success Center include:
- A high-tech finance and trading lab that simulates the New York Stock Exchange trading floor
- A think tank for creative thinking in business
- A tutoring lab offering free tutoring for select business classes
- A Center for Academic and Professional Success that centralizes business advising and career placement resources
- Seven collaboration and team meeting spaces
- Six corporate interview rooms
- Entrepreneurship labs
- Sales labs
- An executive board room
- An executive auditorium for distinguished speakers
- An Einstein Brothers café offering all day food service
- Two outdoor terraces
- New and remodeled classrooms