The Missouri State University Board of Governors recently awarded its Staff and Faculty Excellence in Public Affairs awards to five individuals who excel at carrying out the public affairs mission.
The recipients of the Excellence in Public Affairs awards are:
- Kathy Nordyke, who created new community partnerships and projects that will help address community problems and social justice issues.
- Herbert Lunday, who helped foster citizenship, community service and involvement on the West Plains campus.
- James Baumlin, who integrated the ideals of public affairs into all aspects of his research, teaching and service.
- Anson Elliott, who tirelessly contributed to and facilitated student and faculty participation in public affairs.
- And Lora Hobbs, who was recognized for her public affairs projects and community engagement accomplishments.
The outstanding work of these engaged faculty and staff is a point of pride for Missouri State University.