Maroon Minute spotlights ‘Epilogue’ Web TV series
How do you cure a worldwide plague? This is the question that the cast and crew of “Epilogue” tackled in their award-winning, six episode Web TV series.
Pioneered by professors Dr. Deb Larson and Diana Botsford, “Epilogue” was written, produced and directed by media, journalism and film students. The project also featured the talents of theatre, electronic arts, communication, fashion and music composition majors.
In 2013, “Epilogue” received multiple awards, including:
- The Award of Excellence for Mixed Video from the Broadcast Education Association’s National Festival of Media Arts
- Second place in the College Television Emmys
- Two bronze Telly Awards
- Nominations for best original music and best special effects makeup from the International Academy of Web Television Awards
- Best Special Program and Best Multi-Cam production from the Missouri Broadcast Educators Association
- Outstanding Composition for a Sci-fi, Outstanding Sound Design for a Sci-fi, Outstanding Theme Song for a Sci-fi and Outstanding Visual and Makeup FX for a Sci-fi from the LA Web Series Festival
Watch all six episodes of Epilogue online.
Maroon Minutes highlight Missouri State University’s points of pride: the accomplishments of our faculty, staff, students and supporters. Each Maroon Minute first airs during a home football or basketball game.
Filed Under: Maroon Minute