The faculty in the College of Natural and Applied Sciences at Missouri State University spend all year conducting research and teaching students. To show appreciation for their hard work and dedication, faculty were acknowledged at the 3rd Annual All Faculty Recognition Reception held April 29.
At the recent CNAS Undergraduate Research Day (May 6) and the Graduate Interdisciplinary Forum (May 3), many students presented their research and posters. A full listing of winners is available.
The following faculty received the MSU Foundation Award:
- Dr. Nikolay Gerasimchuk, professor of chemistry, received a Research Award
- Dr. Michael Reed, professor of astronomy received a Research Award
- Dr. Alexander Wait, professor of biology received the Service Award
In addition, the following staff received the CNAS Staff Excellence Award:
- Linda Allen, academic administrative assistant, department of chemistry
- Tina Hopper, biology laboratory supervisor
- Robin Powell, academic administrative assistant, department of computer science
The following faculty received the CNAS Faculty Excellence in Service Award:
- Dr. Nikolay Gerasimchuk, chemistry professor
- Dr. Chris Barnhart, biology professor
- Diane May, assistant professor of geography, geology and planning
- Diann Thomas, chemistry instructor
The following faculty received the CNAS Faculty Excellence in Research Award:
- Dr. Bryan Breyfogle, associate professor of chemistry
- Dr. Melida Gutierrez, geography, geology and planning professor
- Dr. Reza Herati, chemistry professor
The following faculty received the CNAS Faculty Excellence in Teaching Award:
- Dr. Melissa Dallas, hospitality and restaurant administration professor
- Dr. Katye Fichter, assistant professor of chemistry
- Dr. Brian Greene, associate professor of biology
- Dr. Bob Pavlowsky, geography, geology and planning professor
- Dr. Matt Siebert, assistant professor of chemistry
In addition, the following faculty and staff received the CNAS Student Nominated Awards for Faculty/Staff Excellence:
- Dr. Dean Cuebas, associate professor of chemistry
- Dr. Kyoungtae Kim, associate professor of biology
- Dr. Gary Meints, associate professor chemistry
- Tricia Yarckow, administrative assistant for hospitality and restaurant administration
The award winners were nominated by departmental personnel committees, department heads and students. The nominations were then reviewed by a faculty committee for the faculty/staff awards and by a student committee for the student nominated awards.
For more information, contact Dr. Tamera Jahnke, College of Natural and Applied Sciences dean, at (417) 836-6934.
About Missouri State University
Missouri State University is a public, comprehensive metropolitan system with a statewide mission in public affairs, whose purpose is to develop educated persons. The university’s identity is distinguished by its public affairs mission, which entails a campus-wide commitment to foster expertise and responsibility in ethical leadership, cultural competence and community engagement.
College of Natural and Applied Sciences
The College of Natural and Applied Sciences incorporates more than 20 undergraduate and 13 graduate programs along with one cooperative program offered through a partnership with Missouri S&T. The academic departments that make up the college include: biology; chemistry; computer science; engineering; geography, geology and planning; hospitality and restaurant administration; mathematics; and physics, astronomy and materials science. Students have the opportunity for intense hands-on research and internships through a number of outreach and research centers and work alongside faculty who are producing cutting-edge research in their fields.
New media resources
For more information about MSU, visit www.missouristate.edu. You can also like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ and see what’s happening on YouTube. Receive notification of Missouri State news releases as soon as they are posted by subscribing to our RSS feed