Maroon Minute recognizes the work of the HLC Steering Committee
We pride ourselves on providing an excellent educational experience for our students.
In spring 2016, the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) granted Missouri State University full accreditation for another 10 years. Although we’ve been continually accredited by the commission since 1915, it’s not something we take for granted.
It’s a rigorous process of meeting standards and providing documentation of all levels of Missouri State’s operations. It’s a nod to the quality education we provide. It also speaks to our ideals of continual improvement and operating with integrity.
The official notification of accreditation followed a comprehensive self-study and evaluation visit to Missouri State, and we are proud to live up to the standards they demand.
The HLC Steering Committee was headed by Dr. Tammy Jahnke, dean on the College of Natural and Applied Sciences, and included the following members:
- Dr. Keri Franklin, chair, director of assessment and professor of English
- Dr. Tom Dicke, professor of history
- Dr. Gilbert Brown, associate provost for diversity, associate professor and director of Student Affairs in Higher Education
- Donna Christian, director of internal audit and compliance
- Dr. Rob Hornberger, assistant vice president of enrollment management and services and registrar
- Dr. Julie Masterson, associate provost and dean of the Graduate College and professor of communication sciences and disorders
Filed Under: Assessment · College of Natural and Applied Sciences · communication sciences and disorders · diversity and inclusion · Donna Christian · English · Gilbert Brown · Graduate College · history · internal audit and compliance · julie masterson · Keri Franklin · Maroon Minute · registrar · Rob Hornberger · Tammy Jahnke · Tom Dicke