The Missouri State University Board of Governors recently awarded its new Staff and Faculty Excellence in Public Affairs awards to five individuals who excel at carrying out the public affairs mission.
The recipients of the Excellence in Public Affairs awards are:
- Juan Meraz, who established a program to teach Hispanic students about financial aid, admission and student life.
- Wes Pratt, who established The Gathering, a volunteer-led, community-focused group.
- Dr. Robert Pavlowsky, who developed a cultural and environmental program to benefit the community of Bluefields Bay Jamaica.
- Dr. Tim Knapp, who helped educate the City of Springfield about social capital and worked with colleagues to conduct the first-ever statewide civic health assessment.
- Dr. David Hays, who founded and continues to work with the Missouri State String Project to mentor young students.
Maroon Minutes highlight Missouri State University’s points of pride: the accomplishments of our faculty, staff, students and supporters. Each Maroon Minute first airs during a home football or basketball game.