Maroon Minute honors 2013 Alumni Award winners
Each year, the Missouri State University Alumni Association recognizes individuals for their extraordinary achievements.
- Gloria Cohen Shomo, 2008, visual effects coordinator at Rhythm and Hues Studio, recieved the Outstanding Young Alumni Award.
- Barry Johnson, 1975, president and chief executive officer of the Greater Miami (Fla.) Chamber of Commerce, received the Outstanding Alumni Award.
- Judith Rowland, 2011, global campaigns associate for the Global Poverty Project, received the Alumni Award for Excellence in Public Affairs.
- Ivan Milton, emeritus professor of Missouri State Athletic Training Services, received the Award of Appreciation.
- Gen. Frank Grass, 1997, chief of the National Guard Bureau, received the Lifetime Achievement Award.
Maroon Minutes highlight Missouri State University’s points of pride: the accomplishments of our faculty, staff, students and supporters. Each Maroon Minute first airs during a home football or basketball game.